Friday, October 26, 2012

Soul Music

guitar pick strings music rock roll rock&roll metal





 Music is Magick. Throughout History, humans have used music to move their minds, spirits and souls to a higher state. Instrumentals have the power to raise us to the heights of euphoria, or to take us down a path of sorrow. Lyrics sung to a tune have encouraged us to some of our greatest triumphs, and also some of the human race's greatest acts of evil.

We live in the greatest era of music, not simply for what is produced currently but because we have access to all of the music of the past. Mechanical reproduction of sound rapidly changed the nature of music because it allowed people to make popular music, which could be disseminated widely, instead of just playing the music that rich patrons would pay to listen to.

I know that personally I have been greatly helped and influenced by the music I listen to. I used to live in a very dreary world, and then I found music that lifted my being to a state of exhilaration. I could rise above my petty existence and view a universe full of beauty (sometimes scarily so) as well as the feeling that there was something Epic to existence.

I am going to link some of my favorite music below, listen if you want. Some of it may not be uplifting to your ear, but that is the beauty of music. There is something out there for every ear.





Image courtesy of Daniel St.Pierre / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment